An evening of wine with the connoisseurs
Embark on a journey to uncover the secrets of wine with Singapore Airlines’ very own wine consultants – Michael Hill Smith, Jeannie Cho Lee and Oz Clarke – and take pleasure in the fine selection of Burgundy wines.
Details of experience
You and a guest are invited to indulge in this exceptional wine masterclass organised exclusively for PPS Club members. Note that upon confirmation, 30,000 KrisFlyer miles (per person) will be deducted from your account.
Date: Wednesday, 6 March 2019
Time: 7pm to 10pm (cocktails will be served from 6:30pm)
Sentosa II (Function Room)
1 The Knolls, Sentosa Island
Dress code: Business attire
To make a reservation, contact the PPS Club Reserves team at PPSClub_Reserves@singaporeair.com.sg by Friday, 22 February 2019.
Refer to the terms and conditions below for more information.
Meet our wine consultants
Michael Hill Smith
Michael Hill Smith became Australia’s first-ever Master of Wine in 1988. Today, he is also a consultant, international wine judge, vineyard owner and wine producer. Michael has been featured in Decanter Magazine’s international power list three times – in 2009, 2011 and 2013. He was awarded the prestigious Order of Australia honour in 2008 for his significant contributions to the Australian wine industry.
Jeannie Cho Lee
Jeannie Cho Lee is the first Asian Master of Wine, and an award-winning author and wine judge. She received the International Vinitaly Award in 2009 and was named the 25th most powerful person in wine by Decanter Magazine in 2013. She was also named one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in 2015 by South China Morning Post. As a professor of wine at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Jeannie also hosts a popular wine programme in Hong Kong. In addition, she holds a Certificat de Cuisine from Cordon Bleu and is trained as a Master Sake Sommelier.
Oz Clarke is a prolific writer who has received all the major wine writing accolades in the UK and US, including the Glenfiddich, Wine Guild and Lanson awards. He has authored many books on wine – including ‘Bordeaux’, which won the Louis Roederer International Wine Book of the Year award in 2009 and ‘Grapes & Wines’ which was published in 2015. Oz also hosts several popular television and radio programmes, in addition to being co-chairman of the International Wine Challenge. In 2010, he was awarded the esteemed Officier de l’Ordre du Mérit Agricole by the French government.
Terms and Conditions
- Singapore Airlines is offering eligible PPS Club members a chance to redeem 30,000 KrisFlyer miles for the Wine Masterclass Experience (“The Event”) for one. The Event includes a Masterclass with Singapore Airlines’ 3 wine consultants and a dinner at Capella Singapore on 6 March 2019.
- The Event can accommodate a maximum of 40 persons. Subject to availability, the eligible PPS Club member may redeem up to 1 additional slot for their guest at an additional 30,000 KrisFlyer miles.
- To be eligible, the PPS Club member must fulfil the following criteria:
- be a direct recipient of the electronic mailer sent by Singapore Airlines titled “PPS Club Reserves presents The Wine Masterclass Experience”;
- have a balance of at least 30,000 KrisFlyer miles in his/her KrisFlyer membership account; and
- the eligible PPS Club member and his/her guest at The Event must each be at least 18 years old as of the date of The Event.
- PPS Club members must indicate their interest and provide the required information by the Closing Date of Reservation stipulated in the electronic mailer. The required information is as follows:
- if PPS Club member is inviting a guest to The Event; and
- dietary preferences, restrictions and/or allergies of the PPS Club member and participating guest (if any).
- Only guests who have received a confirmation from Singapore Airlines on their successful registration for The Event will be permitted to The Event at Capella Singapore.
- The confirmation of members will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the successful eligible PPS Club member upon the successful deduction of the applicable KrisFlyer miles.
- In the event of a cancellation or no-show after a confirmation has been given by Singapore Airlines, no refund or recharge of the redeemed KrisFlyer miles will be provided.
- The Event, for a 30,000 KrisFlyer miles redemption, will consist of the following:
- One Wine Masterclass; and
- One 4-course dinner at Capella Singapore.
Any additional expenses incurred by the PPS Club member and/or guest shall not be borne by Singapore Airlines.
- KrisFlyer, Singapore Airlines and SilkAir terms and conditions shall apply.
- Singapore Airlines reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions or terminate The Event without prior notice.
- For enquiries, contact the PPS Club Reserves at PPSClub_Reserves@singaporeair.com.sg. Operating hours are from Mondays to Fridays, 0830 to 1730 hours. The office is closed on weekends and Singapore public holidays.